Remember what it was like at the beginning of your relationship? For most there was an amazing sense of love and glorious feelings. For most there was the knowing that this person that you fancied and loved was truly there for you.
The sense of amazement, knowing that this person felt the same way as you, that this person you loved and cherished, loved and cherished you, it felt so good, so safe, so secure.
Hopefully some of that magic is still there for you; maybe now a little more grounded in the daily coping/managing process that is the reality of life for most of us. Hopefully the two of you will have learnt to sort through and cope with the tensions and conflicts that inevitably arise when two people interact together, share the same space together and need to make decisions together.
For some couples this might not be so. For some couples their relationship might now be very far removed from that rather rose tinted view of how relationships can be. For some, if they are truly honest might find themselves answering yes to one or more of the following questions.
Consider These Questions:
- Does it feel like something is missing, not as OK as you would like in your relationship?
- Have you been impacted by a painful event, like an affair or a massive fight?
- Are you swirling in conflict and destructive patterns of relating?
- Have you been avoiding each other while the distance between you keeps growing?
- Has your relationship been going steadily downhill… Has it reached the point where something has to give?
- Are you frightened your relationship is teetering on the brink of breakup… and you don’t know how to stop it?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you and your relationship could benefit from the skilled support available here… Find out more about relationship scenarios.